Re: newbie

Thanks alot for the welcome :)

I feel like I rescued this one.... luckily my wife
understands my obession.. So far the rocco runs and
stops :) which to me is a very good plus... It has
250,000 miles showing on the obometer but I was told
that it broke around October of 2000 and the PO drove
it until March of this year.... so who actually knows
the correct miles. What it needs: a rear bumper cover
and a whole lot of rubbing compound for the exterior,
mechanics so far: exhaust manifold and downpipe with a
new catback as well... It currently has the factory
catback and a cracked header which makes it sound like
crap. It leaks oil, the AC doesn't work (which will be
removed since I will be autoxing it in FSP), the
powersteering is making wierd noises and I think it
will be going out very soon. The shift linkage is very
sloppy which I think a bushing kit should fix her. The
Interior needs misc dash knobs. So that sums her
up.... any advise or tips for the above mentioned
repairs please direct since my bentley won't be here
for another 3 to 4 weeks!!

Thanks again!!

Morio
1996 GTI 8v (daily)
1990 Jetta GLI (wife's daily)
1985 Golf GL (turbo project/track car)
1985 Scirocco (soon to be autocrosser FSP)