[BUY THIS CAR!!] FS: Another '88 16v in Dayton

--- Daun Yeagley <vwdaun@yahoo.com> wrote:
> From the Dayton paper today:
>
> '88 Scirocco 16v, red, air, sunroof, 5 spd, CD, very
> clean,
> West Coast car, 75k actual miles, $3200.  (937) 885-6859.
>
> Depending on timing I could check it out for anyone
> interested.  :)

Curiosity got the best of me and I went over to have a
look-see.

I can honestly say that I was almost embarrassed showing up
in my 16v.  This car is immaculate.  Original owner,
somewhat reluctant to sell but his wife wants him to get
something newer with airbags etc.  He lived in Oregon for
the first 9 years of the car's life, then moved to San
Diego for 2 years, then here.  NO rust.  All stock except
the CD player.  Shiny original tornado red paint.  Dash is
*just* beginning to crack in the defrost vents.  NO bolster
rips.  Original window sticker, always dealer maintained,
all receipts.  I took it for a spin, it's *tight.*  Shifter
feels new, suspension is good (stock), NO buzziness - motor
mounts have apparantly been kept up.  Everything works
including the A/C.

I think this thing is *definately* worth the $3200 he's
asking - would consider delivering it for little more than
my expenses...

=====
Daun Yeagley - Wilmington Ohio
'80 Scirocco S,                Parting out:
'82 Pickup                     '80 Scirocco
'85 Scirocco 8v                '85 Scirocco 8v
'88 Scirocco 16v               '87 Scirocco 8v
'91 Passat
"I am who I am. What else could I be?" - Lara Fabian