No ND for me.

I hate to say it but the car has won and I wont be making ND this year.

After spending all day Saturday putting the Schricks/valve guide seals/HD
springs and finding out the all the intake cam bearings are scored to fuck.
Not to mention the euro intake cam the head ate and aluminum flakes in the
valve guides seals and A/F gauge that when hooked up doesn't read and keeps
the car from going past 5K. Rotated the tires only to develop a nice loud
bad wheel bearing sound. Got a nice big nail in a 200 dollar Toyo tire.
You'd think the car would be out of fits to have.

Wrong, car temp fluctuates between hot and cool, no power down low and no
power up high, the stutter at 5-6K is back and there is no revving past 6K.
Car surges constantly at any speed and on in gear coast down car bucks at
lower rpms. Cant take a mA reading off the DPR since the cams are too loopy.
Spent the entire day yesterday adjusting the timing. Had it running ok
(still slow) for 40 mins then it reverted. Im thinking it is the intercam
timing since Schrick for god know what reason does not mark the sprockets
for timing. So we had to "eyeball" it in when we put the cams in.
Regardless, Im not stripping it all apart to take another guess at the
intercam timing before ND.

If by some miracle I get it figured out I will try my best to make it down,
but its looking really slim. Its not really worth it for me to ride as a
passenger. Ill let you guys know....ughhh, I really wanted to go this year.

Shannon Fenton
87 16V AKA "fucking piece of shit"