RE: Throttle bodies and carbs

A throttle body is basically the same thing as a carburetor in a manner of
speaking, it serves the same basic principal a carb does.

feed proper amount of air to a gas intake line, exception that the intake
manifold on the VW is basically a mixing chamber that run to the injectors

(I know some dead mechanic is turning over in his grave right now because
of the simplistic comparisons.)