Re: VR6 temperature...

Joel Leclerc wrote:

> Hello list,
>
> I have a friend that just bought a Corrado VR6 and he is wondering
> if the engine (oil) temp is too high... around 120 in a hot day!
> Since mine rarely reach 105, on my 16v. is He's overheating?
>
> thx,
> Joel 87 16v
>
> --

No.

Still, the temps can come down a bit. Remember to tell him that too cold
is not good either. Over 100 c is good. 150 c is bad.

Flush the coolant and replace the thermo (it's new to him so it's time)
Distilled water, phosphate free coolant, pour mixture down the upper
hose to back fill the block, etc., etc.

Water wetter is something i hear about; it's supposed to help the
transfer of heat to the coolant system and get it out of the engine.

Lower temp thermo will help, synth oil will help, (this thing have an
oil cooler?)

TBerk
Going out to dig in the parts bin.