From: "Curt Voss" <curtv@eudoramail.com>
To: <scirocco-l@scirocco.org>
Sent: Friday, May 11, 2001 4:01 PM
Subject: 1.8L into '82 questions

> A couple of years ago I swapped a 1.8L from an '85 Golf into my '82
Scirocco. The 1.7L ignition timing spec is 3 deg ATDC, and my book says the
1.8L should be 8 deg BTDC. Which setting should I use? At the time I was
told I should use the 1.8L setting, but the starter drags at TDC (where it's
set now) and won't turn over at 8 BTDC. If the 1.8L setting is the one I
should use, do I need a 1.8L starter? Since the engine swap I've replaced
the battery (Diehard), starter (Bosch rebuilt for 1.7L), alternator (Bosch
rebuilt), and alternator wiring harness (OEM), and run new grounds from the
alternator to the battery and from the starter to the battery.

account at http://www.eudoramail.com