Re: sudden car death (fuel?)

Geordy Rostad wrote:

> Well, you have to remember that everyone at one time or another is also
> in a fix.
> If you need a part NOW at 8pm where will you get it?  And when you get
> to shucks
> (or pep boys or whatever) and they don't have the bosch but you need
> your car to run,
> what do you do?

Walk. Ride a bike.

How harsh an answer do you want and still be rhetorical?

There are answers that will get you off the side of the road and there
are answers that will comprimise your ride. When you find out that not
all 'name brand' or 'indicated part' are what they are cracked up to be,
then spread the word. In the mean time don't expect much sympathy if you
put Fram filters on your car.

Point is- (& I say this without Ego;) There have been people who have
gone before us. Who have paid the price. Many who have gotten out of
VW's. Lots who arn't on the list any more.

Do what you want. Blame it on economics. Cheapen your ride.

Sometimes you can get away with it. Let me know how it works out.

TBerk
(Why do I evangilize folks like Potter & Mark o' Adirondack? Why do I
talk about replacments from the Pick N Pull? Hmmmm. Dunno)