Re: stuck emergency actuating lever

>i have a stuck emergeny brake actuating lever (both acrtually)
>
>The car had been sitting for some time and the levers have rusted.
>What is the best fix besides replacing the rear calipers (which
>could cost up to 200 each).
>I could just pull a pair out of a salvage yard, or should i try to
>break them loose with the wheels off and the car on jack stands
>using a little liquid wrench and a hammer?
>
>Dan Miller- The Åntijøck
>
>88 rocco 1.8 16v

Having been through this before...and others have also...

They generally do not come unstuck and continue to work.

I've used remans, and there are many issues with them also.  When
ever I've used a reman rear caliper, I usually have to go through at
least two before I get one with a working pbrake and piston. :/

the sorry answer is buy new ones...I've looked into using Passat
rear calipers, and it looks like they might work if used on
the opposite side and turned upside down...oddly enough.

==Brett

\/\/ '88 Scirocco 16v (Show), '92 Passat 16v (Winter+) | - brett@netacc.net