WTB: bike rack

  I've looked at the various rooftop carriers from Yakima, Thule but I can't
see spending close to $500 for one. Does anyone have experience with hatch
or receiver  mounted carriers from any manufacturer. It seems like the hatch
mounted units either interfere with the wiper or place quite a bit of weight
on the bumper skin. I've seen several good receiver hitch mounted pieces too
but no receiver hitches for a Scirocco. Is there one available? I'd be
interested in a used Yakima or Thule rack for a reasonable price too.

Gerry Reichelt