ND Schedule rev 4 (more to come so stay tuned)

Sent on behalf of Doug Teulie.

-----Original Message-----
From: Doug Teulie
Sent: May 11, 2001 12:38 PM
To: Ian Overholt
Subject: FW: ND Schedule rev 4 (more to come so stay tuned)

Subject: ND Schedule rev 4 (more to come so stay tuned)

I am putting together a schedule for the weekend.
The goal is to nail down some times so we can all meet up
at set locations and times. I say come join us for a day
or a week but you should know how to find us if you need
to split and get coffee for 4 hours.

Tuesday (So CAL)
The German Team arrives and I will be at LAX to pick them up.
This is the beginning of the tour.
Dinner will be in Laguna beach that evening at 7:00.
Reservations are for 8 at this time. Contact me if you want to attend.

Wednesday (So CAL)
A good day to wash a car or just relax.
Doug will tour with German team.
We may go to LA to the Peterson.
Dinner will be at the Block of Orange at 8:00.
We will go to GameWorks after dinner.
We may even do some cart racing.
Reservations are for 9 at this time. Contact me if you want to attend.
You may want to pack so you don't have to scramble.

Thursday (So CAL)
Dan May is arriving in to SD Thursday
at about 11am and should head up to Potter's place
that night driving Julie's car that Shawn just
finished rebuilding the motor! Eric (soltwede@private.com) will arrive
In San Diego and drive up with Shawn and the crew.
Jim, Don, and Ben arrive in OC.
Kevin will pick them up at the airport. Doug and the German team may
have lunch with the crew in OC. We pack up and then
meet at VWP at 4 PM. GET GAS ON THE WAY IN!!!
Shawn, Julie, Dan M,
Eric, Katy, Bill C, Hal, Dirk, Tina, Dirk, Wencke, Doug, Kevin, Kathy, Craig
Beaton,
and some others will depart for Lompoc at 7:00 PM Thursday from
VWP. We will have our Talkabouts set on channel 5,5.
We will take Main to Katella and then hook up on to the 5 north.
>From the 5 we take the 101 to Goleta and exit State street. We can
stop at this point for a quick drink before we head up the 154.
We exit the 154 at the 246 and drive through Solvang on our way to Lompoc.
We will stay at the Motel 6 ( motel6.com )in Lompoc so get your
reservations.
You will need to get late check in because we will arrive after 6PM.
If we have time I will take the crew on a wild road on the way up.

Friday (Mid CAL)
Get up and meet all Lompoc Sciroccos in the Motel parking lot.
Ravr, and Fat Cuban will be driving MK2s. We leave the Motel 6
parking lot at 8AM sharp. We then head off to
breakfast on HWY 1. We will have reservations.
The crew will be departing for The Bay at 9:30am.
Doug takes us on his special road tour (Scirocco twist).
Right after we pass Paso Robles we take HWY 46
West, which runs right into HWY 1. 46 has some great winding parts with
English-countryside hills.  Joe will meet the group at the 76 station on the
46.
We hook up with HWY 1 and head north.
Dick, Randy B and TBerk will hang out south of Monterey and wait for the
"road train" to come by with Talkabouts on channel 5,5.
If they kept going south they can't miss the train on a two lane highway.
Dinner will be in Monterey at one of the fast food places.
Monterey-Santa Clara cruise (Http//www.movietours.com/inpact/intro) to the
hotel
via HWY 1 to the 17 to 880 to 101.

Saturday
10am we all arrive at David G's house in Saratoga, for a great BBQ brunch
and detoxification session. Chris Gonzalez should be on hand to help flip
the frnch toast on the BBQ. We head out for the spirited cruise through the
beautiful Santa Cruz Mountains.
We will hit the twisties via Hwy 9, then up into Skyline Blvd (Hwy35), Hwy
84 over
to San Gregorio, etc. We take pictures for an upcoming issue of Performance
VW featuring the West cost Scirocco meet. They will print as many as 20
pictures and a full feature
story. This is Scirocco only! PVW is a great magazine that
is much better than some of the other trashy rags.
So we need to show the world what is up in Scirocco world.
Join in and smile : ). THAT will be a blast.  Then we'll wind up back
at ND at about 4 for the beginning of their barbecue. BBQ will have awards
for Sciroccos, food, a detail, and tec talk. We'll blow out of there about
7:30 or thereabouts and retreat to the Marriott for our annual parking lot
drinking/car gazing etc extravaganza..  :D
Ken Weidmann will hook up with train at some point.

Be there or be a Honda lover :P

Sunday
ND Show
Dinner after.