Re: sudden car death (fuel pump !@#!)

The plot sickens,  I clamped off the hose from the transfer pump
and pulled the three screws that hold the pump into the black housing
but it seems that the banjo bolt(I think it's a banjo bolt at least) is
fused
to the line.  The bolt  loosened from the pump but not from the line.
I finally took some robogrips to the line and the socket to the bolt
but still, only half a turn or so, then it froze again.  What am I doing
wrong?

Geordy Rostad
'88 jetta 16v