Re: Sunroof Question

-

-- Ewan Hopkins <ewanhopkins@hotmail.com> wrote:
> neither A2 or A3 is any good. An early to mid 80's
> audi 80 (4000?)mechanism
> will work, not sure if the lid is the same. I'm
> guessing that a MKII saloon
> passat/santana/quantum will also fit as it is quite
> similar to the audi 80
> HTH,
>
> Ewan Hopkins

Acutally the A2 Golf and Jetta will fint in a MKII
Scirocco. The trouble is the Scirocco has tilt and
slide while the Golf/Jetta just slides. I don't know
about the A3's though, b/c they are never in the
junkyards.   Go with another Scirocco roof or the Audi
4000/5000 from the mid 80's.   Just remember how the
thing goes back together.

HTH

=====
mark hausler