Re: sudden car death (Husky tools)

At 12:30 PM 5/9/01 -0700, Cheapass Ron wrote:
>Hmmm...does Home Depot warrant their tools forever,
>like Sears, and have the same no-questions-asked
>return policy?  That's the key for me.  Craftsman are
>not the best, but they are damned good overall, and
>the warranty is the big selling point for me.
>
>Problem with Home Depot is that I feel it may be like
>Central Hardware, or Mr. How, or any of those other
>now-departed places...what does one do for the
>warranty when they go under?  At least Sears will be
>around in twenty years, not to mention five...or
>two...
>
>Ron

Yes, Home Depot does warranty their tools forever.  Often they
will take Craftsman tools back too; to entice you to try Husky.
As far as being around- with over 1100 stores around the world
with another 1000 planned in the next few years- no problems there
(that and they make over 35billion a year).  In case you couldn't tell
I work for them, but I use craftsman myself.
And  little background on Husky-they've been around for a long time;
my dad had a set he got when I was just a little kid(now 30 and long
before home depot) and they were warranteed then too.

John