Re: Q - Difference between 1.8 & 2.0 16V? (my corrections and clarifications)

My bad!  I'm always on the defence when Kevin responds to a post  I make.
I read it twice and still screwed up.

In reference to the Kevins original post...I would hope that one could
tell something was out of place in a right hand Motronic Scirocco with
the gap behind the battery and the cut inner passenger fender.  I've seen
one that looked pretty clean but you could still tell something was
amiss.

SO, If your Scirocco has a 16v motor and you're looking for visible signs
to determine if it is a 2 liter or if you're looking at an engine to buy
that you've been told is a 2 liter, this is what you look for:  On both
sides of the block (the belt side is the front of the engine) there will
be either a '1.8' or a '2.0' cast into it (raised). The casting on the
right side of the block (firewall side in VW's -the Fox) is the larger
one and less obstructed an long as you can get under the car.  If it
reads '2.0', you have at least a 1984cc motor.  This is not to say that
by reading '1.8' means you're not looking at a 2 liter.  Autotech sells
the 92.8mm crank and 83.5mm pistons as an overpriced ($1600.00 last time
I looked and needed a laugh) kit that will make a "2035cc monster".

I think that covered it all.  Sorry to Kevin C. for jumping the gun. I
left out one word as I read his TRUE statement and that completely
changed its meaning. I didn't mean to rain on the sunshine band.

Get down tonight,
Eric
Good, bad...I'm the guy with the gun!
http://www.geocities.com/blitzkrieg16v/