Re: 020 or 02A with Quaife

> If I get a Quaife, should I put it in my existing 020 (AGB) or should I
find a
> 02A to put one in?

The Quaife I bought for my 4k tranny was labeled as an 020 Quaife.  I have
no idea if there truly is a difference between an 020 Quaife and an 02A
Quaife, but you might want to make sure which tranny you're going to use
before you buy a Quaife.

> Am I wrong to believe the 02A is a stronger unit?

Officially, I have no clue.  Unofficially, it is my opinion that any
beefed-up VW tranny is just as good as any other VW tranny.  <insert grain
of salt here>  Stock 02As have been known to blow up due to "driver abuse"
(VW *still* used rivets in 'em), so you can draw your own conclusions.

Mike Carlson
'84 Scirocco Wolfsburg Edition
'95 GTI VR6
http://members.home.net/mikes.vws