Re: [Re: [mostly non-roc] Cool, rare car sightings & other cool crap]

I saw today while changing my hood release cable (funny how it will break
when you don't have time to deal with it) I saw a B-17, Spitfire, Tomcat,
P-51 Mustang, B29, Japanese ZERO (that was cool!), various other WW-II
vintage aircraft as well as a Mig -17 all flying over my house! (Wings
over Gilespie Air Show @ 4 miles from my house.)
Usually I will hear a loud motor sound and its a V8 or other muscle car
driving down the street. instead it was big pistons and props churning up
the sky. That makes for a nice distraction while being irritated with
opening a hood without a cable. :)

I am lucky enough to live under the favoured flyway of one of the two flying
Lancaster bombers left in the world. Nothing sounds like four Merlins in
concert, nothing. But I'd be happy to have that list fly over any day Shawn,
love the old warbirds (and a jet or two thrown in for good measure)