From: Sal [mailto:pellom@yorku.ca]
Sent: Friday, May 04, 2001 4:37 PM
To: 16V List; GTI; VWOT; Scirocco
Subject: Relaying Headlights

I'm in the process of relaying the headlights on my 81 Scirocco.  The
rocco
comes equipped with H4's and H1's and I don't wanna burn out the wiring
as
I've heard stories of such a thing occurring when upgrading the lights
but
leaving the wiring OEM.

I'm just getting to the part where I need to connect the wiring to the
headlamps.  I've already connected the positive (with a 15 amp fuse),
and
the negative.  All I have remaining is the input and output. I'm
following
the instructions as per http://lighting.mbz.org/tech/how_to/relays/ .
However, I've noticed that the rocco has separate wires for each bulb.
Does
that mean that the two low beam wires get connected to pin 86 on the
relay
and then two new wires emerge from pin 87?  And the same thing for the
highs?  Essentially, I need only two relays, right?  One for the highs
and
one for the lows.  Can someone just say yay, or nay, or guide me in the
right path.

TIA

Sal