Re: MFA swap woes

Hello,

> Yes, you can just splice the wire to the oil temp. gauge (the green one, I
> believe) and bring it up to the cluster at the white connector, locking tab
> side at pin 2.

from what I know you can't simply splice the green wire from the oiltemp
to have both the analog instrument and the MFA working.
You will not get accurate readings if you do so.

At least it didn't work in combination DIGIFIZ / analog gauge
and I doubt if it works correctly together with the MFA / analog gauge.

For some reason, VW never delivered any Sciroccos
that had both the MFA & analog oiltemp gauge ,
as far as list members told me, all MFA cars had a voltmeter
or just no analog gauge at all ( like my GT-II )

for the same reason the oiltemp gauge of my 3 panel gauge cluster
( thanks again to Greg Davis for that one ! ) isn't yet connected
because there is a MFA in my 16V.

however, it would be helpful if a listmember who is skilled in electric
has an idea how to install both analog & digital without
having interference between them.

friendly Greetings !
Dirk