Re: Euro taillight Q? legality?

On Mon, May 07, 2001 at 12:00:03PM -0400, Nathan Fredette wrote:
> Brian,
>
> Well, they won't have the DOT codes on them so technically they are probably
> illegal here in the states, but who's gonna go looking for DOT codes on
> taillights?  The only problem you might have is not having side markers.  Do
> you have a state inspection?  If you do, just keep your old taillights
> handy. Also, the euro taillight pattern is like this on the left side:

Actually, I don't think there is a difference in the taillight molding
between US and euro models. Only difference I know of is that the punch
out for the rear fogs is left intact in US models. As far as the
pinstriping, the 16v lights in the US had the same paint location, just a
different color, so I don't see how that would affect anything.

> Blinker>Brake>Taillight>Fog light>Back-Up
>
> so you should use the middle bulb holder for the taillight, not the one next
> to the back-up light, like on most US roccs.

Or you could use the US bulb holder on the euro reflector assembly.

Dan

--
Anyone who cannot cope with mathematics is not fully human.  At best he
is a tolerable subhuman who has learned to wear shoes, bathe and not