Re: Whats up with all the clutchage breakages, HUH?

Shawn C Meze wrote:

> Geez, I get home and find a bunch of clutch problematic posts.
<snip>
> I also change my stance on stock clutches being FINE for most motors.
> Potterman recalled that the clutch disc I got from him was not a quality
> (read PREFERRED item) disc because way back 2 years ago, I needed a
> clutch ASAP and he sent me what he had at the time...<snip>
>
> Shawn Méze

So, was the disk a Canada product? I have heard the 020 disks made up
north were less than desirable. (No offense to my brethren & sistren).

I remember talk in the NG about just your same symptoms explained.

While we are on the subject of clutches, I have access to a 8v GLI with
a 'boint' clutch up here in SF Area. Might buy it myself, gotta rid my
sell of f the Macerate 1st though.

TBerk
used car lot syndrome.