Re: MFA swap woes

  I am contemplating an MFA transplant from an 86 to an 84, have not
opened anything yet - but I helped someone with the MFA on an 86 this
morning: it was not functioning at all. Turns out the light blue wire
from the cluster to the connector had broken.

  By the way, whenever I open an old connector or switch, I dab it
liberally with dielectric grease. That helps clean the contacts and
prevent them from corroding or tarnishing. You might want to try some
once you dissassemble the stalk.

	Jean-Claude
	84 8v
	96 Jetta GLS