COMPLETE 86 16v Scirocco at Pick-N-Pull in Northern CA

I totally scored at the wrecking yard today.
I went there to find a driver/passenger seat for my Jetta to replace the GLI
Recaro's I robbed from it to put in Mars.
Didn't find the seats but stumbled across an 86 Scirocco 16V....get
this....TOTALLY COMPLETE...everything including all 4 teardrops still
mounted.
I felt bad about raping it of it's brakes considering it was not only
complete, but in excellent shape inside/out.
Put it this way, if this was on a car lot it would easily go for over $3K.
I don't know why it was in the yard...dent free, rust free body, shiny
paint...I suspect engine problems.

Anyhoo....Since I'm a Mk1 guy, I shed a tear and then proceeded to strip the
complete rear axle and the complete from hubs, and 22mm MS all for under
$100. Before you ask me why I didn't buy it complete and fix whatever was
wrong with it, P-N-P will not sell a car once it is out in the yard, already
tried a couple times before.

After ND Cosmos will get the full 16V brake conversion. :)
Wrecking yards are funny, you rarely find what you're looking for but
usually come away with something you want.

Oh yeah if you are in the Northern CA area, this car is at a Pick-N-Pull
just north of Rohnert Park, north of Santa Rosa I believe.
The car has a complete motor/trans/interior/bodykit...it is totally complete
except for the front and rear suspension (now safely in my posession).

still lookin' for seats for the Jetta......

HTH someone else in the area.

Randy
81 (Mars) Scirocco S - Techtonics Tuning 1847cc 8V - recent 16V brake
conversion.
81 (Cosmos) Scirocco S - my stock time capsule for now - soon to have 16V
brake conversion.
87 Jetta 16V GLI - Parts truck and daily driver.