Re: sripped timing pulley

First - no, I never have fixed one, but if you can get
your hands on a Time-sert, they look to be the
strongest thing going.  They're basically a solid slug
of metal, ID threads per your application, OD threads
are quite a bit bigger.  They use standard OD threads,
so no special tap is required like a heli-coil.  Given
that the timing belt tensioner is subject to
non-normal forces, I'd bet the time-sert is your best
bet, it's what I'd go for if I were in your
(unfortunate) shoes.

Ron