Re: what to do to a 2.0 block?

On Sat, 5 May 2001 10:30:23 -0400 "Josh[deady]Able" <mkii@nycap.rr.com>
writes:
>Prior to slapping a 1.8l head on it, what should be done to a 2.0
>block to ready it?
>It would be used of course........

If its ME and its going into one of MY cars, id do it right and do the
whole thing to ensure longevity of the motor.

(oh wait, it is me and I am installing a motor in my 84!)

This is what ive done to the PL block that im building as an 8V for my
84.
First overbore just to ensure the cylinders are fresh and the added
displacement don't hurt either.
New (10-1 Audi) pistons/rings/balanced
rods resized/balanced/new bushings
Block align bored
block decked
hot tanked to clean out any/all crap in the coolant jackets
new freeze plugs
crank micro polished/magnafluxed/balanced
(this don't really apply to you but...) 8v intermediate shaft
new oil pump
factory windage tray
new crankshaft/rod bearings (with the 6 piece center main bearing.)
new head/rod/flywheel/pressure plate bolts.

You wouldn't have to do all of this (or more) but do the main areas,
cylinders, crank, rods, pistons and you should have a good runner.

Shawn Méze
86' Jetta GLi 8V       84' Scirocco 8V           88' Corvette -SS 30-
82' Scirocco GTi -FSP 54-     79' "Project FSP Scirocco"
The Fastest, Quickest, Cleanest and best looking Scirocco in all of San
Diego!