RANT: 1.8T in Scirocco 16V

Kelly who is a personal friend of mine is who you are thinking of and who is
also on this list. I beg to differ with your comment "That guy here who has
that
1.8T Scirocco is a poseur though...he had momentum do everything. Momentum
charges $14k US for the conversion. Sounds like another one of those "more
money than brains" kind of swaps."

How many 1.8T swaps have you done? So Im assuming if one does not want to be
a poseur you must have enough skill to put in a 1.8T into Scirocco while in
your garage. Geez, I guess you and I must be poseurs. Ohh I forgot, you have
a 8V turbo rabbit so thats real close to a 1.8T. Does it put out over 300hp
to the wheels? I guess that doesnt really mean anything without a quaife.
And to my knowledge the basic swap was not 14K.

Kelly has had that car a number of years and for those years he did all the
work himself. Hes not new to VWs and the 1.8T is a recent thing.

Sorry to be a prick but your post sounds allot like one of those "has more
time than brains posts"

Shannon Fenton

In a message dated 5/1/01 11:40:45 PM Pacific Daylight Time,