Restoring My MK1.. any suggestions?

Ok... since my car is down.. i may as well fix all the rust spots, strip everything out and re-paint it. i wanted to change the color of the car from mars red to like midnight blue or something, but it seems like it would be way too much trouble. i might just go back with the original paint color. Is there any suggestions from anyone that would make my life easier with the restoration?

anybody know where i can get window seals? mines are getting dry and cracking. anybody make the seals?

Thanks

Wing Gee
80'  Arkay Turbo Scirocco
84' Scirocco 80shot! (Yum...)