Back from Baja.

Hi all,
Ok so I'm back from 10 Days in Baja, Mexico (Cabo San Lucas/San Jose Del
Cabo).
Found 947 e-mail in my inbox, time to get a new keyboard.....I think my
delete key is worn out now.
Got to drive a 4dr. Tornado Red? VW Pointer (Polo in Europe) around for 10
Days.
This car is as as small as a Mk1 Scirocco (think of a 4dr Suzuki Swift).
Damn shame we don't get them in the states, I'd buy a new one in a heartbeat
for under $8K.
It was kind of like a stripped down and squashed Golf. Small displacement
inline engine with what seemed like a 2 Lb flywheel and an unlimited RPM
range. Kind of like a modern day A1 Rabbit/Golf.
She would burn them in both 1st and 2nd if you kept the RPM's up around 6K,
which this car just loved.
Turn on the AC and it was like hitting the brakes.
Speedbumps, what, huh? Either others before me had blown out all four
shocks, or the suspension is a direct bolt on from the Yugo.
Saw 1 Mk1 primered Scirocco, and 3 Mk2 Scirocco's while I was there. The
nicest one (16V) was in worst shape then the worst demolition derby Scirocco
I've seen.
I don't think Mexico has car insurance, or the drivers consider dents and
rust badges of honor.
I actually washed the VW Pointer once while I was there (had to....it is a
VW)

Went ocean fishing and caught 7 Seirras, 24-37". Nightmarish looking fish
with teeth like a Pirrahna (have the puncture wounds in my finger to prove
it)....boy did they taste good :)

First thing I did when I got home was take Mars for a spirited drive, damn I
missed her.....

Just thought I'd share :)

Randy
81 (Mars) Scirocco S - Techtonics Tuning 1847cc 8V
81 (Cosmos) Scirocco S - my stock time capsule for now