Vw's on the side of the road

What's the deal here kids?  If I ever see a VW on the side of the road WITH
the owner I stop to see what's up.

One time I was waiting in a long line to turn right at an intersection where
that kind of wait is abnormal.  So I get frustrated, jam it into 1st and
squeal around the "sheep" waiting in line to go nowhere.  Then I saw it.  At
the front of the line was a VW bus; stalled.  I pulled over after I turned
and ran back to help.  The woman at the wheel thanked me profusely and said
that her husband told her not to turn off the engine because the battery was
bad; unfortunately she killed it at the stop light.  I started pushing and
then another guy joined me out of nowhere so we could get her bump started.
I asked her if she needed me to follow her but she said no.  Then I saw
them; 3 little babies in car seats.  That's why she couldn't get out of the
car!  Did I mention it was raining also.

I am a helpful person when I see people in trouble, but I will bend over
backwards for a fellow VWer.  Chris DeLong are you out there?

Ladies, don't try this at home.  Use a cell phone and call the highway
patrol.  Just 'taint a good idea for ya.

<stepping off my soap box>
David Barwick
88 Scirocco
84 Jetta GLI