Re: OEM Big Bumpers

"Langford, Cory" wrote:

> Only problem will be They are not Legal in North America.

Shouldn't be an issue in California.. all we need is a bumper of some sort.
Here's the excerpt from the vehicle code, section 28071:

"28071.  Every passenger vehicle registered in this state shall be equipped
with a front bumper and with a rear bumper. As used in this section, "bumper"
means any device designed and intended by a manufacturer to prevent the front
or rear of the body of the vehicle from coming into contact with any other
motor vehicle. This section shall not apply to any passenger vehicle that is
required to be equipped with an energy absorption system pursuant to either
state or federal law, or to any passenger vehicle which was not equipped with
 a front or rear bumper, or both, at the time that it was first sold and
registered under the laws of this or any other state or foreign
jurisdiction."

This is how guys with bugs with "nerf bars" got by in the old days (and
some still today for that matter).

And we have no state safety inspections here whatsoever (despite having
the most stringent smog laws and inspections in the land).

--
Kevin Collins
Huntington Beach, CA