Re: 16v pistons on 8v

In a message dated 3/27/01 3:22:31 PM Pacific Standard Time, pbureau@home.com
writes:

Well I think 150HP might be a bit exagerated cause the block is rated in the
engineering papers at 140HP before rupture.

huh? The G60 puts out 158 hp, and it is the same basic block. My rabbit
easily puts out over 200hp at the crank. There is no real limit to what you
can do with these blocks, as of yet. Try this one:

http://members.aol.com/kimhoff/Shops/vwturners.html

"Our first submission comes from Monts Auto Renditions of Phoenix, Arizona.
Their racing GTI has a 16v engine with a custom fabricated turbo setup.  You
want power?  Try 277hp @ 4500 rpm at 15lbs of boost, or 435hp @ 5500 rpm at
22lbs of boost - all with a slightly modified Motronic fuel injection system
with the oxygen sensor still in place! Don't try this at home (oh, okay, go
ahead)!"

My understanding is that it uses methanol injection.

Mike
http://www.geocities.com/vwmikel - trust me, a replacement is on the way!
'84-Arkay Turbo Rabbit GTI
'84-Rabbit GTI - future DCI drag car
'77-Rabbit - project
'80-Scirocco S - (um... to be:1.9L crossflow, turbo, 6 speed, widebody?)