Re: What year 2.0L?

Yes, but you will need a few bits for the swap, (breather hose block off,
Autotech has them on there "shelfwarmers sale") and possibly some
clearancing of the rain tray.  Don't forget TTs special long downpipe just
for this conversion.

If you can find a 3A audi block, your life will be simpler.

Currently swapping a 97 2.0 ABA with injection and trans into a 91
Cabriolet.  Feel free to ask any questions about the merit of just leaving
the whole thing together instead of making a frankenstein.

Eric

On Tue, 27 Mar 2001 WaspHwy@aol.com wrote:

> my exact question is will the bottom end of a 2.0l out of a 97 jetta with the
> crossflow head (8v) swap directly in my 84 GTI?

Eric
Westminster, CO

76 Honda CB400F Super Sport
80 Scirocco (GF's Daily Driver)
81 Scirocco S (2.0 16v swap and complete restoration in progress)
88 Scirocco 16v (Parts car)
91 Cabriolet (2.0 8v swap and mechanical rebuild in progress)
97 Golf Trek (Parts car)
00 Golf GL TDI (My Daily Driver)

-Kelli Fox