(non-roc) HTML in Outlook Express

A couple of you from the list have informed me that I sometimes post in
HTML. I could not figure out why as I have my send settings set to plain
text. Well I have figured out why and I thought that I would post my
discovery so that it might benefit others. Even though I am set to plain
text, if  I respond to a message that is in HTML and I leave the body of
that message in my message then Outlook Express seems to automatically
switch to HTML format. So, for other Outlook Express users, if you were
unaware of this as I was, I guess the solution is to check the format of
each message before sending it (if it includes another message that could be
in HTML).
Maybe it's just me that was unaware.
Thanks,
Todd