RE: List, Please Help! Bad Idle + low Vac since euro cam.

-----Original Message-----
From: Dan Kraus [mailto:dirtbike@warwick.net]
Sent: Monday, March 26, 2001 6:45 PM
To: Shannon Fenton
Cc: scirocco-l@scirocco.org
Subject: List, Please Help! Bad Idle + low Vac since euro cam.

- The vacuum reading was taken from a hose right by the coil.
(Only 10-11 lbs) !!!!!!!

>Im blissfully ignorant of the 16V vacuum system so I didn't know.
Hmm...well have you tried moving the hvac controls around to see if the
vacuum reading changes, maybe something is stuck open. (Shannon throws a
lawn dart into the darkness). It could be a vacuum thing, I know nothing
about the vacuum system.

- I just checked  the hose from the left side of the lower intake manifold
into the air boat and its fine.

- When we checked the timing with the light gun, it was 14-15.  (It will be
brought down to 8 this week)

>I would defiantly reset this. Have you checked the timing between the cam
sprocket and crank just to be anal?

- Starting is a little slower at 1st with the lightened Flywheel, but
overall  the same.

????? intercam timing ??????? Everything would have to be taken apart again
to check that, correct?

> This would mean pulling the valve cover, I would only do this as a last
resort. Do you remember making sure the intercam circle marks lined up?

Dan Kraus :-)