possible head crack :(

My worst fears have possibly come to be.. the head on my 16V 88 might be
cracked according to my garage. I'm having serious heating problems,
and occationally I am seeing white smoke coming out of my exhaust
leading me to believe my coolant is leaking into the cylinders. The water
temp guage creeps up to about 80% of the top after 15-20 minutes of driving,
the oil temp stays around 110-120C though.

If it turns out to be the head, what might be my next option? Should I risk
a used low-milage 16V head or pay for a new head? Where can I easily
find either? How much should I estimate paying for either? This car will
soon have to function as my daily driver as my Fox is going away soon :(

--
Jason T. Nelson <jtn@jtn.cx>
BOFH Extraordiaire & Sysadmin Ombudsman