Re: Best Gap setting... "Bosch platinum Spark plugs" 16V

The following will NOT answer your question!

Here come the flames.

Please don't take this the wrong way Dan, but PLATINUMS?  Lets see...more
air in due to the K&N and cam with added fuel from the power module.  Why
go with the worst conductive material in plugs?  I could see using
platinums in an engine designed for them or in a car that you couldn't
stand being under the hood for ANY amount of time, but not for an even
slightly modified 16v VW.  Worst of all, BOSCH platinums.  N.D.
platinums...mmmm, O.K.  At least they use a real amount of material.

My choice, here it comes, Bosch F6DTC's.  They're good ole copper and
they last a hell of a long time.  I've seen the N.D. equivalents separate
on more than one occasion and we ALL know the problems with the Silber's.
 I like the plug because of it's open spark design which negates the need
for indexing of them. (NOT like the 'Splitfire' crap!)  When my gas
mileage gets to the point of sucking more ass than normal, I simply
remove them and give 'em a shot on the brass wire wheel.  I re-gap them
and wish I'd done it sooner.  I guess I come from an old school approach
that believes "platinum" and "performance" are NOT synonymous. (no, not
even the over marketed Platinum +4's)  I was still selling retail parts
when Bosch came up with that brain child.  We were sent a counter pad
advertising them.  Even though our profit percentage was VERY high, we
(including nearly every noteworthy mechanic) had a good laugh at the
people that were hooked by them for their "performance" properties.

Bring it on and tell me why I'm wrong,
Eric
Good, bad...I'm the guy with the gun!
http://www.geocities.com/blitzkrieg16v/