Rocco ripoff was Re: exhaust manifold & O2 sensor...

Julie,
Several factors here bother me.
1) CV axles dont start "ticking" immeditaly after the boot breaks. esp on
these fine axles that we have (I had 2 boots break about 1,000mi ago and
they are still not making any noise. So most likely they swapped out your
good aka servicable axles with some junk ones they had laying about the
shop

2) Transaxle has NO OIL. after thinking about the CV thing. there is a
real possibility that that is NOT your transaxle. Check the numbers and
make sure it is either the one that came on your car or that it atleast is
one that could have come on your car. THe dirt marks are usually a
tell-tell sign if they dont match.

3) You paid them to work on your car. And they charged you $800+ to fuck
it up. It came home in worse shape than you took it to them in.

4) they didnt even re-attach you manifold. my guess is there are bolts
broken with the studs left in the head. It's prolly held on by 1/2 the
availiable bolts. And they prolly reused the manifold gasket. And check
the donut gasket where the manifold meets the exhaust pipe.

5) Did you see the FREE mk1 out in PA. this might be required to fix it...

6) I would suspect that they used cheap/ used parts to fix your car...

7) Sue their collective asses and have them pay to have the dealership fix
it. That way it as least fixed with genuine VW parts and a semi qualified
mechanic.

To the listers.
Do we have a lawyer in our midst that could give some non-legal advice for
our good friend Julie? Or If there is no lawyer how about organizing a
little intimidation visit to the said shop....Nothing like a little free
speech to screw up some business.

"This shop charged me $8xx.xx to screw my car up" or

"My car returned from this shop with more things wrong with it that when
it went in..."

and if they didnt use new parts for said clutch.

"This shop installed junkyard parts adn charged me for new ones"

all these things are true.

then there is the billboard solution. It's not that much like $500.00 for
a sign... :-) I know I rented one for Harry Browne Libertarian
Presidential candidate. :-)(shameless plug)

what you say guys... some "mechanic" just fucked up a MK1 rocco and but
good.

Well gotta get back to EE stuff...