Re: exhaust manifold & O2 Botch

Sounds like a grade 'A' botch job. Do you guys have
a better business bureau in the U.S...I would tell
them about these goons, try to get your money back and
never bring your car to them again. Good luck Julie.
While we're on this topic, a scirocco.org approved list of shops
may be handy to some listers who don't do all their work
on their cars. No one lives near me, but FWIW, my Scirocco
16v has been around the east side of Canada so I can recommend a
few shops in various cities. Universal Garage in Kingston, Ontario, Canada
gets my approval...they work almost solely on dubs
and know their shit. I also had some impromptu wheel
bearing work once at Peter's Garage in Toronto..trustworthy bunch of
blokes. Stone's automotive in good old St. John's, Newfoundland
is another solid independent VW mechanic...I also had a clutch job
done at Wally Becker and sons in Ottawa. Mainly a Volvo shop, but
very reliable german mech. As for my Mk1, it's been a strictly
monogamous relationship so far ;-) (knock on wood).
Kareem
'81 S
'88 16v