Re: VDO gauge wireup?

Well, the alternator feeds the entire 12V system, so
technically any connection to 12V *is* a connection to
the alternator.  Just find a suitable point and you're
OK.  If I were doing this, I'd probably run a wire to
the fuse panel where there's switched power.  I don't
recall if this is labled 15, 30, or whatever (but it's
not X, iirc)...I'd need my Bentley.  That way you get
a nice source undiluted by potentially corroded
connections, small wire, etc.

It's an ammeter that must be connected to the
alternator (before any devices), since you'd want to
get a reading of all current leaving the alt.  This is
a series connection.  But this ain't an ammeter, and
an ammeter has limited use IMO.

How many wires are on each meter?

Ron
(wRONg)