Re: (OT) (Rant) Dead Jetta :( -AKA Regular maintenance doesn't pay.

on the Scirocco there are also 8 valve interference engines,
like the DX and the EX  10:1-compression engines.
I bent my valves on that one when the timing belt broke.
However, the JH 8,5:1-compression engine
( that is one of the the most common Scirocco 8v engines
in the USA ) will not have problems with that.

Greetings
Dirk