RE: suspension setup

Funny you ask. I was just reviewing the 2001 rule book yesterday...

The springs must be stock for that car, with that option package, for that
year, and avaliable from the factory (not dealer-installed) in the US in
quantities greater than 1000 or something like that. You can switch option
packages for that year (i.e., you could make an 80 non-S to an S), but the
transformation must be complete...no mix-n-matching allowed. My main
competition just put the factory sport option package on his BMW 325is
(springs, sway bars, LSD, etc). So far, I'm still beating him. :P

It really bugs me, 'cause the '00 2.5RS is virtually identical to my '99,
except for a rear LSD. According to the rules, I cannot add an LSD because
it wasn't offered in my year. That would help a lot on tight corners...

Neal