Re: lightened fly Wheel ?

On Tue, 20 Mar 2001, Dan Kraus wrote:

> List
>
> What is the effect of having a lightened fly wheel?
> Is it a recommended mod? Any problems with it?
effect of a lightend fly wheel will be there is less rotating mass
attached to the endo of your moter (designed for smoothing the 4 big
pulses, startign the car, and retaining energy. by lightening the fly
wheel the motor will mak the motor rev up and down faster. and you _may_
get a loping feeling to it. but i kinda doubt it. Fixing this is prolly on
my high hope lists. cause i like motorcycle style blipping... pas upspin
fast down spin. I like whn I take my foot / wrist of the gas the RPMs
drop. ( that is my main bitch about a turbo. there is t delay between
removal of foot and engine speed decrease ... First hand knowledge drove a
listmembers .. thanks jan ... turbo beetle. )
brian.