Whoa! The pressure!

I installed a new oil pressure gauge today in the rocco. Started the
engine and was amazed at what I saw. With the engine cold, 10w-40 part
synthetic oil, 1100 rpms my oil pump is putting out about 120 psi! After
getting to operating temps it settled down to 40psi at idle and about 85
at 2000 rpms. Is this way off the charts or what? I referenced my bentley
and it only gave a minimum of 28 psi at 2k.

Ryan
'82 Scirocco GL
'90 Jetta Carat Wolfsburg
Torrington, CT