Re: [OT] Westmoreland products...not for me, thanks

In a message dated 3/20/01 12:23:17 PM Pacific Standard Time,
rapieper@yahoo.com writes:

My first dub was a brand-new '85 Jetta (Wolfsburg).
Wrecked it at 16,000 miles.  Replaced it with an '85
Golf (Westmoreland).  Give me the Wolfsburg car ANY
DAY over the Westmoreland.  Since then, I've owned two
US Rabbits (crap x2), one US pickup (crap), one
Corrado, two Sciroccos, and one Cabriolet, so I have
data from which to compare.

I have half a chance of buying an all-original '83
GTI.  May just decide not to.  Can't stand the
Westmoreland garbage.  Headliners fall.  Vinyl
interior pieces don't match.  Headlights and front
t/s's are stupid, compared to the German cars.  Wing
windows fall out. Steering wheel is crummy one-piece
thing.  Dash is a joke, as is ashtray door.
Doorpanels, etc. etc. etc.

Want to find out how much difference there is?  Go to
Europe and drive a 100,000 mile Golf Mk1.  Come home,
drive a similar Rabbit.  No brainer.

Face it, the Westmoreland Co. plant got exactly what
it deserved (death).  Shame about the workers, 'coz
the exec's TOTALLY f***ed it up.

(breath) And now back to your regularly scheduled
program...

Ron

rreeeooowww!....Maybe I'm just not that picky...or maybe it's because my car
only has about 80k on the chassis, but I just don't hate it with a passion
like you guys.

Mike
http://www.geocities.com/vwmikel - trust me, a replacement is on the way!
'84-Arkay Turbo Rabbit GTI
'84-Rabbit GTI - future DCI drag car
'77-Rabbit - project
'80-Scirocco S - (um... to be:1.9L crossflow, turbo, 6 speed, widebody?)