Re: idle see-saw

In a message dated 3/20/01 12:40:31 PM Pacific Standard Time,
scirocco777@juno.com writes:

Ok, I've got this problem, well, more like annoyance with my scirocco
ever since I owned the car and I've had enough of it. When I first start
the car in the morning, it starts right up and Idles around 1100 rpms or
so. It stays there for about a minute and a half. Then it does this
see-saw thing where it bobs up and down from about 850 to 1200 rpms. It
does this for about the same amount of time. Then it pretty much levels
out... for a while. It thens starts the see-saw again, but much less
severe, say only within 50 rpms. BUT :-) if you listen closely, it
actually goes in steps. Just for conversation sake I'll use rpms to
illustrate: starts at 950, drops to 925 then down to 900 then up to 925
then back to 950 all in the space of about 4 or 5 seconds. And it repeats
this over and over rhythmically. Anyone have any idea about how I can get
rid of this? I want a nice even idle. I bought some electrical cleaner
today and am going to hit everything with it. Hopefully that'll help
something. TIA

Check the mixture, it could be off just a little, and that loping is the time
it takes to correct it.

Mike
http://www.geocities.com/vwmikel - trust me, a replacement is on the way!
'84-Arkay Turbo Rabbit GTI
'84-Rabbit GTI - future DCI drag car
'77-Rabbit - project
'80-Scirocco S - (um... to be:1.9L crossflow, turbo, 6 speed, widebody?)