Re:OT JB weld the cheapass way

High tech bubble gum indeed!

I've used JB Weld very successfully...in the right
applications.  Here's one:  when replacing the water
neck at the end of the head, which was chronically
leaky.  Coolant had pitted the head pretty severely at
the gasket surface.  I wire-brushed the pits clean,
filled them with JB Weld (actually JB Quick, the
5-minute stuff), sanded flat, and reassembled.
Presto! no more leak, ever.  Have done this trick at
least ten times, including one small block Chevy
intake, successful every time.  This is an old trick
actually, but one I've adopted as a pet.

It won't seal a radiator though.  Nor an FI gas tank.
Leastaways not for very long.

Cheapass Ron