RE: suspension setup

While it obviously isn't the ideal solution, you shouldn't have any problems
with this setup. The shocks may rebound a bit slowly due to the soft stock
springs, but it shouldn't be a critical issue. You'll probably notice it
most in situations such as concrete-slab highways where there is a little
drop from one slab to the next. The shock won't extend quickly enough to
follow the bump, so the car will "drop" over the back side of the bump.

Stock-class autocrossers almost always run setups like this, because the
rules allow you to change shocks/struts but not springs. They use
super-stiff shocks to try to make up for the soft springs. It improves
quickness in sloloms and transitions, but has no effect in long sweepers
where the suspension settles and the soft springs allow the body to roll.
I'll be doing the same thing with my Subaru, getting either KYB or Koni
adjustables on the stock springs.

Neal
'88 16v