From: SII2L16V@aol.com [mailto:SII2L16V@aol.com]
Sent: Tuesday, March 20, 2001 9:30 AM
To: btpeet@effervescent.com; mikolajczuk@mediaone.net
Cc: scirocco-l@scirocco.org
Subject: Re: a/c removal bracket (16V)

In a message dated 3/20/01 8:06:47 AM Pacific Standard Time,
btpeet@effervescent.com writes:

> Either route you go, you'll need a different pulley with a longer
>  "extension".  Good luck.

not necessarily.  i recently did this conversion but i modified/hacked a 16v
a/c bracket from a 2.0 not from a 1.8.  anyway, i didn't have to use a
different pulley.  i used a spacer that was on the alternator from from an
a2.  it lines up perfectly! HTH

mp