Re: No pressure in brake pedal

This is what I would do:

1) Check to make sure you have enough brake fluid.
2) Bleed the brakes first before you go out and get a new master cylinder.
3) If you still have soft brakes check the brake lines for leaks and look at the cylinders in the rear drum brakes.  I know that when my rear cylinders were shot my car didn't stop well.    Replacement cylinders are cheap, and you can get rebuild kits even cheaper.
4) If all these check out fine, you might need a new MC.\

HTH,

Victor

>>> Brandon Johnson <h2opmpr@yahoo.com> 03/20 11:19 AM >>>
I just purchased my 85 Scirocco. One if the things I
need to fix is the brakes. When I push down the pedal
there is no pressure. The car will stop but it takes
longer. If I am just sitting and hold the brakes down
the car doesn't move. Do I need a Master Cylinder?

=====
Brandon
95 VW Cabrio with stuff
85 Scirocco 8v