Re: Car Thieves Revisited [OT as can be]

>What's to steal?  You might be surprised.

I was suprised.  Back in the late '80s someone broke into my '79 Diesel Rabbit (with peeling clearcoat and oxydized paint) and stole the speakers (but destroyed them in the process) and took an 8 track player from the dash! (NO, I didn't install the 8 track, I just hadn't gotten around to replacing it with something useful)

Another time, someone broke a window on another rabbit (never mind that the vent wing could be pushed open due to a broken lock!) and destroyed a cheap AM/FM/Cassette radio trying to remove it.  They didn't get anything, but the insurance spent $500 fixing the car!

Yet another time, someone siphoned fuel from the Diesel.  I bet they got what they had comming when they put that in the tank!

I think I'd rather be robbed by professionals, but at least I'm now an expert at replacing A1 vent wings!

Bill