Re: [Tech] Rev limiter?

I wouldn't be so sure. I had a rev limiter on my '84 1.8 8v engine and
I did the drag racing my best time was 17.20. So after some time I dicovered
the rev limiter and removed it. (Its one spring thingie inside the
distributors
rotor that grounds the spark on certain rev).

After removing it I could easily rev way higher and I got a best time on
the very same drag strip 2 weeks later 15.92. Everything other on the car
was
stock then, I only had the Jamex Airbox installed.

Now after moving on to the 16v engine and other goodies like Supersprint
exhaust etc. I still can't brake that record. So my best with my 16v
currently
(on the same strip) is 16.13. But I feel how the 16v's rev limiter is
brakeing me
down. As on the dyno my power curve was still rising when the engine hit
the rev limiter :(

> I easily got into the red with my '84.  Of course, I only did it a few
times
> because the power drops off so bad it doesn't pay - just shift into the
next
> gear and you'll get better performance.  Anyway, either yours is broken or
> mine was broken.

Lauri's gotta get rid of that limiter.

Lauri!
'84 1.8 16v Scirocco GTX Kamei X1 Bodykit (VIN025736)
http://www.ttu.ee/~laurts/scirocco
I finally added something new to my site!